I only listen to local radio anymore to get football scores. Other than that, unless I'm w/o my Sirius, I don't listen to local radio. Even in those instances, I've usually got a CD or two that I can listen to on the trip to where I'm going.
Does anybody listen to it anymore? I like listening to down home Bluegrass. It seems local radio used to carry more sports. Has our radio stations gone down hill? I remember in the late 90's chicken man would be on and alot of people would listen. Now you try to find a ballgame you can pick up more KY games than you can LPD.
GO VOLS
I only listen to local radio anymore to get football scores. Other than that, unless I'm w/o my Sirius, I don't listen to local radio. Even in those instances, I've usually got a CD or two that I can listen to on the trip to where I'm going.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
I heard he moved to somewhere near Richmond to be near the prison after his son was convicted of murdering the elderly Wise lady (she suffered a broken leg during a home invasion and died a week or so later I think).
As for local radio, most of it isn't local anymore. It's piped-in from New York or California for a nominal fee and/or advertising in order to keep from paying local talent. Sad but true.
Chicken Man is still around here. He shows up at the flea market about the time we pack-up nearly every time I'm there. That is unless he moved within the last 2 weeks or so.
He also does the PA work for the Arena MMA shows.
My show is local from Whitesburg....I'm not piped in![]()
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
Gotch what show do do you do?
GO VOLS
WNVA is trying to get back on track with the LPD sports. Hopefully soon they'll be back broadcasting games. And I mean SOON.
Will for sure have to tune in. DID you get a PM from me BTW?
GO VOLS
WNVA has went down hill every since Jim Baker died. now they took off top 40 and replaced the active mixed 106 with wore out classic country and gospel.. and the group of managers they have now have no intrest in LPD or Any thing that featured money. they would rather act like fools on the air than to be professional. they still have some talent like down home bluegrass, adam sturgill and jena stanley and verlin sanders.. i miss the old "MIXED 106
Bookmarks